Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Birthday Inspiration

Turning 29 causes one to reflect on mortality and the futility of existence. That is, until you see something really awesome that makes you forget that shit.

This morning: I'm depressed and old and hungover from life.

Now: I love life so much that I'm walking around with a hard-on.

Here's what happened: I was walking to my car and I see a squirrel, just chilling on a tree. There's a retaining wall about 7 feet away from the tree, and another squirrel is sitting on it. So far, a normal boring day.

But then, the squirrel on the wall jumps - leaps - 7 feet and LANDS on top of the squirrel on the tree and promptly starts humping her. That's right: flying surprise butt sex. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

What an inspiration! If this squirrel, whom I imagine is 29 years old, has such a voracious appetite for life that he can defy gravity and the laws of nature in pursuit of... whatever... then why can't I?!

Watch out, life. I'm jumping.

2 comments:

  1. That squirrel was definitely 29 years old. Most squirrels you see in Alabama are. It's a well-known fact, Crang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful with that hard-on, walking around sometimes isn't safe.

    ReplyDelete